Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Ballet West Field Trip













Last wed. we went on a fun field trip with our homeschool group to Ballet West's Cinderella. Hailee and Aubrie weren't old enough to attend. I didn't know that until after I'd arranged for our homeschool group to attend. I was so sad when I found out that Aubrie couldn't go because she was the whole reason I wanted us to go on this field trip. I had also already told her that she was going. I then had to tell her she couldn't go. She took it better than I thought she would. She just said, "O.K. I'll go next year when I'm older". Sterling took Hailee and Aubrie to the Children's museum while we were at the ballet. The Capitol Theater was full of kids and teens from grades K-12. It was really noisy in there. We were so lucky and got a box seat right next to the stage. It was so much fun being that close. We could even hear their shoes squeaking. Emilee LOVED it. Christian on the other hand wanted to leave after they had been dancing for about 10 min. After the ballet Sterling and the two youngest girls picked us up and we went to lunch at Subway. We then all went back to Discovery Gateway. The kids had so much fun there.

Hailee checking out groceries.

The kids driving the farm truck.



Aubrie and Hailee playing house.


The girls putting the groceries away.



Hailee in the Tree House.
Aubrie on the horse.

Hailee, Aubrie, and Emilee driving the car.
Hailee at the Deli.
We were at the Children's Museum for a very long 6 hours. We had dinner with Sterling's family that night at Sage's Cafe (my favorite!) to celebrate my in-laws 49th Anniversary. It was great to see everyone. Wish we could have stayed and visited longer but all of the kids were done. The younger girls didn't have naps that day and to be honest mommy and daddy were exhausted too!

4 comments:

The Richards family said...

I bet you loved the show too!!! I think it is funny Christian wanted to go after 10 min. Hey that could really be a big perk when he is dating and he tells the girls he went to ballet west!! But he should probly not mention he wanted to leave. You are always doing such fun things, what a great mom!!!

Tahnie said...

We would have loved to play at Discovery Gateway when we were kids! Looks like they had so much fun!

Eden said...

Cheri-
My mom homeschools my siblings. She has eight kids and worked with all of them but me. I can see such an amazing difference in my siblings education. There are still four kids at home and I enjoy watching how my mom works with them. It's just so wonderful to know that there are other mothers out there homeschooling! I really feel these mothers 'CARE' about their kids. Keep up the good work.
-Eden

Holmes Family said...

Cheri,
What a fun experience for you and your kids. I don't know how you do it though. It's so much work to do home school. You're amazing! Take care, Jess