Monday, February 18, 2008

Tagged

I was tagged by Tahnie.

What were you doing 10 years ago? My alarm would have gone off at 5:30 AM. I would have pushed the snooze button a couple of times until the last possible second and then I would have jumped out of bed, grabbed a cereal bar, scraped off my windshield and hurried to Drill Team practice. I would have been late (was I ever on time?) so I'd have to run extra laps around the gym. We would have been working really hard getting ready for Drill Team State. Half way through practice we'd get a 10 min. breakfast break and I would have headed to the caffeteria and bought a donut with white icing and walnuts for $0.75. We got ready for the day during first period. I hated those showers. You had to push the knob in or it would turn off. Then at lunch my friends and I would have headed to Dick's Drive In, Summit Inn, or Food Town. After school I would have watched about 45 min. of Oprah before going to my job at Food Town. I would have gotten off work at about 9:15 PM and then I'd head home to do my homework until midnight and then I'd go to bed just to start the whole cycle over again the next day.



5 things on my to do list today:

1.Take Christian to Karate

2. Do homeschool with Christian

3. Make dinner

4. Fold Laundry

5. Watch Ocean's 13 while folding laundry



Things I would do if I suddenly became a billionaire: I would travel around the world. Then I would build houses in Oregon (so beautiful!), Hawaii (so warm), Florida (close to DisneyWorld) and Utah (to be close to family). All of my houses would have renewable energy and be a sustainable design. I would get two new hybrid cars. I would also give yearly to charity and to inventors to help get their inventions off the ground. I would pay off my siblings/parents mortgages and car payments. I would pay for my whole family to have a yearly trip together. I would do a lot of shopping and give friends and family presents often. I would have a blast decorating all of my houses. I would hire a gardener because I love being in beautiful gardens I just don't really like to garden. I'd have a raw/vegan chef and maids that live at all my houses.



2 of my bad habits are:Procrastination and always being late. They pretty much tie into one another.



5 places I have lived:

1. Woodland, UT

2. Oakley, UT

3. Manti, UT

4. Ephraim, UT

5. Eagle Mountain, UT



Jobs I have had: I've only had three jobs in my life. Food Town (my teen years), Yardley Inn Bed and Breakfast (college), and homeschool mother!





5 things people don't know about me:

I just posted 100 Cheri Facts now I have to come up with 5 more? Hmmm......lets see.

1. I got my first ticket at 27 years old

2. I've never had a brand new car.

3. I've had a brand new house though!

4. I love using Mr. Sketch scented markers! They just smell so darn yummy!

5. I once thought my contact had slipped to the side of my eyeball. I tried for over an hour to get it out. Sterling finally drove me to an eye doctor (40 min. away) and as it turns out I didn't actually have a contact in my eye. I'd been pinching and scratching my bare eye for over an hour. Gross, I know! When I got home I finally found my lost contact stuck to my bathroom wall.

I tag Alisha, Amanda, and Beau!

5 comments:

Holmes Family said...

Cheri,
How are you?! You have adorable little kids and you look great! I linked onto my sister's blog and found yours. I hope it's okay that I put your link on my blog page. Take care and keep in touch.
Jessica (Dewey) Holmes

Tahnie said...

Holly molly I sat squinty eyed as I read about your contact story. You know how I am about even putting in eye drops. Ouch!

The Richards family said...

I loved the discription of what you were doing 10 years ago and mine will be pretty much the same. The whole drill team part and buying the donuts anyway, except my donut was choc. covered with green sprinkles every morning. Hey we worked it of right!!
Ok now I wull have to think since you tagged me, But I loved yours!!!!

Tiffany said...

Hey Cheri! It's so fun to catch up with friends from the grade school years. You have a darling family! I'm sure those 4 kids of yours keep you busy. I have a whole lot of respect for mothers who choose to home-school, because I don't think I could ever do that myself. Now, where exactly is Eagle Mtn.? I plan to keep an eye on your blog. Take care. Tiffany

Eden said...

Cheri! Thanks for contacting me. Oh, how fun it is to read your blog and find out about you and your darling family. You are a wonder woman! I want to homeschool too. I love your comment about socialization on your blog- WHY DO PEOPLE CARE SO MUCH ABOUT THAT!????????? Anyway. I think you are doing a wonderful service for your children. Keep it up! -Eden (Davis) Turnbow

Hope you don't mind- I'm adding you to my blog page.