Friday, February 15, 2008

Valentines Day














We had a very busy Valentines Day. I thought I was going to get to sleep in seeing that Emilee's school didn't start until 11 AM (because of the crazy snowstorm we had the night before). I realized at 7:30 AM I didn't have a V-Day present for Emilee's teacher. I got up and scrounged around my craft stuff hoping to be inspired about what to make. Finally I thought of making them (teacher, two aides, and speech therapist) flower pens. I hot glued cute V-Day ribbon and buttons on some terra cotta pots and stuck the flower pens in them. They turned out really cute.
I then made some pancakes from scratch while I helped the kids decorate their V-Day bags to put all of their valentines in. After hurrying the kids through breakfast I got the girls dressed and did their hair. I then jumped in the shower and had a whole 20 minutes to get ready.

I then hurried Emilee out to the car. We pulled on the road right behind Emilee's bus which made me so happy because I was running a little behind. I took her to school that day because I was doing the Valentines party for her class. When we got two blocks from her school we got stuck in rush hour type traffic. I barely left with enough time to get her to school (if I sped) so I knew we'd be late for sure. I was so stressed! It turned out that most of the buses weren't running that day due to weather the night before. Which ment that some 600 students were being dropped off at school. At least hundreds of others were late right along with me and I could just blame the traffic! When we finally got to school we were 20 minutes late. It took me half an hour to get somewhere 10 min. away! I then hurried (do you notice a theme for the day?) and set up the party. First we decorated sugar cookies then we did a treasure hunt. They then exchanged Valentines and it was time to go home. Yes, they went to school that day for one hour just to have a party! Emilee and I went home to eat lunch (that my honey was sweet enough to make).

Then we left (all six of us) to go to Utah Counties Homeschool Valentines Party ( I homeschool Christian and Aubrie). It was at Classic Skating this year. We had close to 200 hundred people there this year! None of the kids had ever been skating before. Classic skating allows strollers on the rink so I planned on just holding on to that seeing I don't know how to actually skate. Yeah, I couldn't even get the (double) stroller to move. It was so sad. I then went and took off my skates and just pushed the stroller while Christian hung on to the side. Sterling would take one kid at a time and skate around with them. If you're wondering if I felt like a complete dork walking around a skating rink the answer is Yes!!! It was better than just standing with my stroller going nowhere though! Poor Emilee was so scared. She would stick both feet out in front of her and she was as stiff as a board (while Sterling held her under her arms and pushed her around the rink). Then all of the kids wanted there skates off. They had their fill (after something like 15 min.). We spent more time getting their skates on and taking their skates off then they actually spent skating. We then went and got snacks from the three tables of food. After that we did the Valentine exchange. We had to leave early so I was glad we were there for the Valentine exchange part of the party. We got home 15 min. before my mom was due to come and baby-sit our kids. I tried cleaning up the huge mess on the kitchen table from the flower pen project. I was torn should I get ready (seeing I'd only had 20 min. to shower and get ready that morning) or should I clean up the craft and lunch mess seeing my mom was coming? I decided to split my time in half and do both. Great plan right? After my cleaning time was up I went to our bathroom and guess what? It was locked. Sterling was in there AHHH!!! I was trying to get him to hurry up but by the time he got out I had 2 min. Which equals some powder and lipstick. I wanted to look better for our V-Day date but we had to leave then. We had bought some theater tickets which were non refundable.

We ran into some rush hour traffic (what was it with traffic that day). We did barely make it to our seats before the show started. Speaking of shows why is that people feel the need to text during a movie? Do they think nobody notices the really bright screen in a pitch black theater? Or do they honestly think that nobody can hear the click, click, click. Is a movie in itself not entertaining enough? If you're wondering, Yes, the person sitting right next to me was texting threw out the whole darn movie. Was she texting someone the whole movie dialog? Soooo Annoying!! My new pet peeve. The movie was cute at least. We saw Definitely, Maybe. Sterling really didn't want to see it but he let me pick cuz V-Day is "my" day! So I made sure I picked a total chickflick! Was that mean of me? Sterling was surprised that he actually liked it! After the movie we went to Yapona-a new Japanese restaurant in American Fork. We had a really long wait of 45 min. of standing room only. When we finally got to sit on the only bench in the waiting room the little kid next to us was loudly telling his mommy that we were crowding him and he wanted us to move (I think I had a whole two inches of bench). Luckily we were seated far from this family! It wasn't so bad though (the waiting) cuz we enjoyed visiting with each other (uninterrupted) for 45 min!!! That NEVER happens. Even if I was practically falling off the bench! The food was yummy and we had a great time! We then headed home and watched the last half of Serendipity with my mom. I LOVE that show! After my mom left Sterling and I exchanged presents. I got Sterling three shirts and he gave me the most beautiful necklace made by our friend-Karen(http://www.oceandreamersjewelry.com/). It was a very busy day but it was tons of fun!

3 comments:

Tahnie said...

Where in the heck do you get the time to post so much and such long blogs!? Then again I take forever to write anything! I saw that necklace when you wore it yesterday and thought it was really cute! That was really fun to go to lunch with you and Mom. We definitely need to make a habit of that...I miss you both!

The Richards family said...

Wow, that was a busy day. I am glad you got to finish it off with a nice date with your hubby!! I love the neclace, I will have to send Wacey to that website. You are doing such a good job on keeping your blog so current and fun!!

zach said...

Hi Cheri! This is Amy (Shuppy) Putnam. Just blogstalking as usual. Love your fam and all your pics! It's fun to see what you are up to, especially since I still think of you as Tahnie's older sister back in highschool, now you are super does it all mom! And I read your 100 Cheri facts. It's amazing how much we have in common, especially the long leg thing. We should start a long leg a club :)