Saturday, November 29, 2008

Thanksgiving

Some of Sterling's Family!



We're all trying to recover from two fun filled days spent celebrating Thanksgiving! This year we went down to Sterling's parent's on Thursday and spent the night. The kids had a blast sleeping in the loft with their cousins (from CO so they don't get to see them very often). We had a great time catching up with Sterling's sister, Celeste and her husband Kevn and kids.


Jason, Christian, and Emilee.

In the evening the older kids and Sterling made things out of Popsicle sticks and glue guns. They had a blast making bridges and houses and Sterling made a huge Turkey!

Jason and Raina


Sterling and I got up at 4 AM to hit some black Friday sales. First we went to Wal-Mart. It was pure chaos. We only had to wait in the check out line for 1 hour and 15 min. Then we went to Kohl's. I think I waited about an hour in that line also. It was crazy but I did get some killer deals so to me it was worth it!

Emilee enjoying her pumpkin pie!


Then we went back to Sterling's parents and got Thanksgiving dinner ready again. 5 of Sterling's siblings plus spouses and kids came on Friday. It was so much fun visiting with everyone! When I first married into Sterling's family gatherings like this were sort of overwhelming because I wasn't used to all the chaos and noise. I' m used to it now. It's crazy, fun and very loud! In the evening we all played Balderdash! It was great fun. I then got the kids ready for bed and we headed home. We got home at 10:30 PM and I was beat. I had been up since 4 AM and didn't get a nap. We had a great Thanksgiving and hope you all did as well!

2 comments:

The Richards family said...

I love thr new Christmas layout!! I am glad you had a good thanksgiving it sounds fun!! You are crazy to get out and hit Black Friday, I can not believe you waited that long.

Tahnie said...

This was the first year we haven't done Black Friday since Brad and I were married. I missed it! Glad you got some good deals. It was fun seeing you all yesterday! Thanks again for all your help.