Monday, November 10, 2008

Halloween!

I know, I know it's been way too long since I've done a post! I've just been really, really busy! So I'm finally getting around to our Halloween post! I decided that I wanted to sew my girls authentic looking Disney Princess costumes this year. Patterns weren't to found anywhere so I finally turned to e-bay to find some out of print patterns. It was quite the ordeal winning the patterns but I finally got them about a month before Halloween. My mom and I started with Emilee's Sleeping Beauty because it looked the hardest. And it was! It took both my mom and I two hours just to cut out all of the pieces for the Sleeping Beauty costume alone. The costume is fully lined and the skirt was much harder than expected. Next we did the Belle costume and finally Jasmine. We spent days and days and many, many hours sewing side by side. I brought my sewing machine to my mom's house. I wouldn't have finished these in time if not for my mom helping me. Thanks Mom you're the best!!!!!!



Here's Emilee as Sleeping Beauty!






Aubrie As Jasmine!


Hailee as Belle!




Christian was already at the Trunk or Treat in our neighborhood with his friends by the time I got the camera out. He was Spiderman. I'll have to get him to put his costume back on so I can get a photo! I was very happy about how the girls costumes turned out and they will be wearing them next year because they were so much work!




I also did the Halloween Party for Emilee's Class. It was a lot of work but tons of fun!


This is Emilee's class.


These are the teachers and the aides for the two Life Skills classes in Emilee's school. Emilee's Teacher and Aides are on the front row and the one in the middle row on the far left. Don't they look awesome?!!








Decorating Foam Pumpkins!



Decorating Sugar Cookies!







Pin The Nose on the Pumpkin.










Fishing Pond.


I was also making Hydrobraclets with the kids but I don't have a photo.




Here's my costume!








We had a great time at our Trunk or Treat and it was a good thing my costume included an umbrella because it rained for about 20 min. while we were out Trick or Treating.

4 comments:

The Richards family said...

Cheri I knew you were super mom but WOW those costumes are AWESOME!! You did a great job on the kids costumes and your costume is GREAT!! So what are you doing now that halloween and the birthday party is over? Oh what am I thinking December is on its way... You are still going to be busy!!! I hope I can see you at Christmas!!

Cartier Family said...

I didn't know that you were going to be Mary Poppins! Did you tell me and I just forgot? So super cute! Love, love, love the costumes for your girls! You are so good with the sewing machine! See you on Saturday!!!

Tahnie said...

My gosh you have been so busy! Only two more months of chaos and then you can rest!!!! :) Love love all the girls costumes! It was so cute to see how excited they were to wear them! Love your costume too, can't believe you pulled it off so well in the last minute!

DancinnAnna said...

Cheri! I love all of the costumes. You and your mom did an awesome job!