Thursday, November 20, 2008

For South Summit Alumni

I was reading the Salt Lake Tribune yesterday, and came across a weekly article in which people can write recipe requests and The Tribune tries to find it, whether the recipe is from a restaurant or just a long lost favorite recipe. Someone wrote in to get the Almond Cookie Recipe from the South Summit lunch ladies. I've seriously been craving these for 10 years now! I've tried many almond cookie recipes from the internet and none of them come even close. So I was Thrilled that they got the home sized recipe from the lunch ladies! I wanted to post it here in case any of you have been craving them as much as I have!

Almond Cookie

1 Cup (2 sticks) butter, room temperature
2 1/3 Cups brown sugar (not packed)
2 Eggs
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
1/8 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 3/4 cups Flour
Heat oven to 350 degrees. In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs and almond extract and mix well. In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt, and cream of tartar. Add dry ingredients to creamed mixture until combined. Drop by teaspoonful onto a cookie sheet. Press down. Bake 8-10 minutes. Over baking will dry them out.
Servings: 4 dozen

Enjoy!

3 comments:

The Richards family said...

Yes!! I did like those cookies, I will be making them soon Thanks!!

Cartier Family said...

Yummy! I can't wait to make them too! Now if I can just get the peanut butter bar recipe...I've never found one as good as that. Hey, you have connections! =)

Alayna's Creations said...

Oh how funny! Now I'm trying to think what I liked the best but it's been so long... LOL This will be added to my recipe file though. Thanks for sharing!