Friday, September 11, 2009

50th Anniversary

























This February my in-laws celebrated their 50th Wedding Anniversary! Since it was easier for everyone we decided to celebrate this summer. It's been 10 years since we've all been together and we had a wonderful time!



I was the decorator for the reception. My budget was only $250. It wasn't easy coming up with decorations for 10 tables, the cake table, the book/photo frame table, and an arch for Mom and Dad Allan to stand under on that budget! I did it though and I was happy with the results. I picked the colors yellow, black, and white. I didn't want everyone to have to go and buy new clothes and I figured everyone would have black and white and I chose yellow because it's close to the 50th anniversary color of Gold and it's fun and summery. I had more than one person tell me they didn't think the color scheme would look very good but changed their minds once they saw it and thought it turned out great!


My awesome sister, Tahnie, came and took all the pictures for free! How awesome is she? Thanks so much Tahnie!!! You're the best!
















The photo frame signing table! This sort of freaked a lot of people out. They didn't want to sign a photo mat! We actually had to tell people to sign it. I even had a framed sign that said, "Please sign".
















The cake. I was dissapointed how this turned out. The bakery did the damask design with a gel and stencil instead of fondant. Oh and there was a big old smear on the back that they didn't bother to fix. Because of this smear they picked up the fondant 50 on top of the cake and turned it but they didn't bother to smooth out the icing on top. On the fondant 50 they didn't kneed the gold color into the fondant and instead painted it on the 50 while it was on the cake resulting in gold paint on the yellow and streaks of white on the 50. Speaking of the yellow; it wasn't stirred in enough and there were a lot of white streaks. I went and talked to the manager who was going to talk to the decorater and get back with me. That never happened. I've been in a couple more times but never when the manager is there. So if you ever need a cake DON'T get it at Flour Girls Dough Boys in American Fork.
























The Table Decorations! I made copies of their wedding picture and framed them. All the siblings got to take one home afterwards! All of the candle holders had fake tea light candles in them. It made a beautiful effect.


It was so much work. Just like doing a wedding reception. It was so worth it though to celebrate two of the neatest, caring, generous people I know!


Congrats Mom and Dad Allan! We love you!





1 comments:

Tahnie said...

You did a great job with the decorations. I think it turned out so cute!