Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Our Yard

Our yard has slowing been going downhill ever since we moved into our house 3 1/2 years ago. When we moved here I was sure I hated gardening. I've since changed my mind! This summer we finally decided to do something about our yard.


Here are a couple of before shots. Don't you love all the weeds? It had so many thistles that the kids couldn't even play on it. Something was also wrong with the sprinklers and you had to manually turn them on (in the basement) when you wanted to water. Such a pain. I don't even have a picture of the backyard. Just imagine knee high weeds.

We hired some landscapers, to come and do all of the dirty work, and it took them about a week. They were amazingly fast!


They...
- Tour up the front and back yard
-Ripped out the old sprinklers and put new sprinklers in the front and back
-Put new wood chips in our flowerbeds
-Put a weed killer mat under all of the wood chips (I don't have any idea what the official name is?)
-Put good top soil in the front and back yard
-Put in a flower bed on the north side of the house and in the backyard
-Planted flowers and plants in the flowerbeds
-Put a drip watering system in all of my flowerbeds
-Planted two big beautiful trees in the front yard
-Laid sod in the front and back yard
-Put gravel and stepping stones on the south side of the house
-Put curbing around all my flowerbeds and the two trees
-Put in a fence with two gates in the back yard





The Front Flower Beds.




















One of our Beautiful Trees!



















North Flowerbed.



















South side gravel.

























Back flowerbed.






Our backyard!
It's so nice to have some privacy and it's wonderful to be able to contain the kids!

4 comments:

SusanMom said...

I love your yard now. It is perfect for all those parties you give...like the Twilight party. Such fun.

Alayna's Creations said...

Looks very nice. Can't believe you forgot to show me around last time I was there.

Tahnie said...

What a transformation! I can tell by your tan that you're out there a lot! :)

The Richards family said...

wow... arn't you glad you didn't have to do all that work but you can enjoy it!! It really looks great, and I agree with your mom it is great for all your parties!